Here are some of the key resources for Canadian veterans:
Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Assistance Service:
- You can reach the VAC Assistance Service at any time by calling 1-800-268-7708.
- For hearing impaired assistance, TDD/TYY is available at: 1-800-567-5803.
- This service can provide psychological support and is available 24/7.
Operational Stress Injury Social Support (OSISS):
- OSISS provides peer support for active duty military, veterans, and their families dealing with an operational stress injury.
- Their contact information can be found on their website:OPERATIONAL STRESS INJURY SOCIAL SUPPORT
Royal Canadian Legion:
- The Legion provides support for veterans and their families, including assistance with VAC claims.
- You can contact your local branch or visit their website: http://www.legion.ca
Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program (CFMAP):
- CFMAP is available to serving members and their families 24/7 and can be reached at 1-800-268-7708.
Wounded Warriors Canada:
- Wounded Warriors Canada is a nonprofit organization that supports Canada’s ill and injured Canadian Armed Forces members, veterans, and their families.
- Visit their website for more information: https://woundedwarriors.ca/
VETS Canada (Veterans Emergency Transition Services):
- VETS Canada is a federally registered nonprofit organization that supports veterans who are in-crisis, at risk of becoming homeless, or are homeless.
- Website: https://vetscanada.org/
- Soldier On supports currently serving members and veterans to overcome their physical or mental health illness or injury through physical activity and sport.
- More information can be found here: https://www.soldieron.ca/
Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR):
- CIMVHR serves as a focal point for more than 40 Canadian universities dedicated to researching the health needs of military personnel, veterans, and their families.
- Link to CIMVHR: https://www.cimvhr.ca/
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA):
- CMHA provides advocacy, programs, and resources that help to prevent mental health problems and illnesses, support recovery and resilience, and enable all Canadians to flourish and thrive.
- Visit their website: http://www.cmha.ca
Crisis Services Canada:
- If you're experiencing a mental health crisis, Crisis Services Canada can help. You can call them 24/7 at 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645.
- Website: http://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/